Sunday, September 19, 2004

not to be too obtuse, but...

Since my postings tend toward the ridiculous with their overweening sense of self-importance and gravitas, I thought I would shift gears early on and give you a taste of the lighter side of me that doesn't take himself too seriously. These are some of the best in the blogosphere (aka the "blogging industrial complex") that I have discovered over the past several weeks.

I ran across the first link on the blog of a good friend of mine from California (also new to the blogosphere). I can't remember where the second came from, but in the interest of journalistic integrity, if I found the link on your blog, let me know and I'll post a credit ASAP.
  1. is written by a guy who ran across a digital camera memory card in a taxi cab. In order to find its owner, he has been posting pictures online and making up stories to go with. You have to appreciate the humor in that. For the voyeuristic among you (or for those addicted to reality tv - hey, there's real pathos there! Real, unscripted emotion!), this is for you... (Edited 9/22 to add: APPRENTLY THIS LINK IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE BECAUSE LAME IDIOTS LACK A REASONABLE SENSE OF HUMOR)
  2. http://www.50baddates.com/index_files/blog.htm is the ongoing adventures of a "good girl in search of a good date." The true story of the ups and downs (mostly downs) of the absurd dating world. If that doesn't get you by itself, the title of her most recent posting (I wannna bone a Zamboni Driver) definitely should.

Much more to say, but the gorgeous weather outside beckons, and my bicycle is feeling lonely. Grace & Peace...


Currently Playing
Either/Or
By Elliott Smith